Chantier Naval de l'Océan Indien (CNOI) started its operations in 2001 as a joint venture between Ireland Blyth Ltd (IBL) and Chantier Piriou of Concarneau, France. The ownership of the Company has since changed with IBL currently owning 60% of the shares and the management of CNOI the remaining 40%.
CNOI specialises in the construction, repair and maintenance of vessels in Port Louis. Since its creation, more than 350 ships have dry-docked at CNOI for repairs and more than 1000 others have used the company’s 350-metre long berth for minor repairs. These ships range from frigates of the French Navy to French and Spanish tunny boats, trawlers, small oil and gas tankers and yachts. Regular customers include the French Navy, which signed a contract for the maintenance and repair of its frigates and patrol ships operating in the Indian Ocean, Sapmer of Reunion and Austral Fisheries of Australia.
Field of activity
- Construction, repair and maintenance of vessels
CNOI has also built 17 ships since its creation, among which a 35-metre patrol ship for Madagascar, a 35-metre barge for Mayotte, and a trawler and a long-liner for Reunion.
The Company’s facilities include a covered building berth and slipway facilities for the construction of vessels and vessel sections up to 50 metres long, a dry-dock 130 metres long and 27 metres wide, a ship elevator of 1400 tons and 350 metres of quays which can accommodate ships with a draft reaching up to 8.5 metres for repairs afloat.