- Our projects
- Areas of intervention
- Role and Members
- Submit a project
- Contact Us
The IBL Foundation, having as motto Initiatives for a Better Life, was founded in November 2009.
The IBL Foundation reinforces the IBL Group’s Mission Statement:
“We promote synergies, innovation and efficiency, through our diversity and entrepreneurship, for the benefit of all.”
Through regular communication with its stakeholders via its Permanent Committee, the IBL Foundation reiterates IBL Group’s commitment to social responsibility and to the future of our nation by participating in the development and well-being of Mauritian children.
IBL FOUNDATION'S OBJECTIVES: FOCUSING ON CHILDHOOD
IBL believes in the potential of the young generation and is convinced that it is the richest and strongest resource upon which are built all the hopes and the future of our country. Therefore, most of its financial resources have been allotted to projects relating to children and/or the environment.
In line with IBL’s Mission Statement and beliefs, and:
“As an organisation committed to social responsibility and charitable objects, the IBL Foundation makes good use of its resources in a transparent way in order to give Mauritian children the opportunity to grow and develop within a safe and protected environment, as well as providing them with the necessary tools to face the economic challenges of tomorrow.”
PRINCIPAL AREAS OF INTERVENTION
The principal target being children, especially underprivileged children, the IBL Foundation is keen to invest in NGOs and Corporate Partners in projects concerning:
- Building and Social Capital - For example: Prevention of violence, promotion of Human Rights, awareness and prevention against sexual abuse, reinforcement of civic responsibility, etc.
- Disabilities – Support to children with disabilities.
- Education – Formal and non formal, including food programmes in schools.
- Eradication of Absolute Poverty Programmes.
- Health – For example: Support to HIV/AIDS prevention programmes, support to young pregnant women, promotion of activities educating children on different health issues (diabetes, nutrition and others), etc.
- Protection and preservation of the Environment.
- Leisure and Sports.
- Youth and Children development – For example – Support programmes against violence at school, prevention of drug, cigarette and alcoholism consumption, youth empowerment, etc.
As an economic pillar in Mauritius, IBL gives much importance to its social and environmental responsibilities towards its stakeholders, as demonstrated in its Mission Statement and its Environmental Charter. The IBL Foundation’s role is to convert IBL’s values into real projects and actions. The IBL Foundation works according to specific principles which are in line with IBL’s values.
ROLE AND MEMBERS OF THE IBL FOUNDATION
The IBL Foundation’s Committee is made up of 9 sub-CSR committees and a permanant committee, each representing a sector within IBL, with a responsible person for the day-to-day activities. The members meet on a monthly basis, under the chairmanship of Nicolas Merven, Chief Operating Officer of IBL Retail. It is the Committee’s duty, along with the IBL Foundation’s permanent committee, to select the social & environmental programmes that will receive IBL’s support. This committee also liaises with Business Units to see to the proper working of the CSR operations, locally. The IBL Foundation is also responsible for reporting on the CSR initiatives made by the Group with the authorities.
TO SUBMIT A PROJECT FOR SUPPORT
1. Selection criteria
2. Application forms
Financial support will only be considered if application is made on the IBL Foundation’s prescribed form. Please try to be as clear and precise as possible by filling in a maximum of the information requested.
IBL House, 5th Floor, Caudan, Port Louis.